Sunday, December 14, 2014

Snippet Sunday: Memories Of Loved Ones

Today we're moving to another passage early in the book, with Gabriel and Chloe in conversation. He is speaking about the death of his parents, killed by a drunk driver. We're splitting up the passage and picking up with the second half next time.



He looked at her, saw the compassion in her eyes. “I was eighteen, so I wasn’t a kid… but you’re never ready to lose them like that.” She enclosed his hand with her fingers, and Gabriel felt her gentle squeeze. “My grandmother was a godsend, Chloe. She was dealing with the death of her own daughter, but she was there for me. She kept me going.” He looked away again just for a moment. No, you never really get over something like this. Glancing back at her, he sighed.

6 comments:

  1. You know, for a book that started out as erotica, I think we've written one heck of a love story....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-reading it now brings out a completely different side to the passage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you never really do get over something like that. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ... perfect ... so much emotions in so little words. Well done

    ReplyDelete