Sunday, March 23, 2014

Snippet Sunday: The Passage Of Time

Our post today comes from the point of view of one of our supporting characters. George and his wife Cass are friends of Chloe's mother, and after dropping Chloe and Gabriel at the airport, they're on their way back home, and George is thinking...


George glanced over at his wife. She and Linda were like sisters, and for this disease to strike down one of them... Cass was trying to hold herself together, and confronting the impending death of a friend that close... like a sister. He shook his head. The last few days was a painful reminder of mortality. Less days ahead than there are behind, he reminded himself.
George thought for a moment, remembered Chloe’s words in the car earlier. Hoping her father was rotting in hell. Jay certainly deserved that, George thought. Abandoning his wife and child like that. Coward. It was an opinion he’d frequently harboured about the man. His opinion of Gabriel, however, was much better. And he hoped that Chloe could trust herself to see what she had right before her.

7 comments:

  1. Nice snippet--glad George has a better opinion of Gabriel and can feel the emotion over the disease.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I've noticed a slight glitch... I'll have to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the situation going on apparently. The excerpt does make me want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching. I like George immensely--even if he is 'just' a supporting character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Karysa. I like George. (I especially like that he's willing to admit he was wrong about someone.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's the problem with a shorter blurb like this... you can misinterpret the narrative. When I wrote that, I didn't conciously think George had openly disliked Jay, but he did feel wary of him.

    ReplyDelete