Sunday, April 27, 2014

Snippet Sunday: An Expensive Gift

Another snippet from the midst of our manuscript; this has Chloe looking at a watch in a shop and contemplating buying it as a gift for Gabriel.


It would be perfect for Gabriel, he travels so much, Chloe was thinking. She looked at the man and smiled. “I’ll be back.”
“Let me give you my card,” he said, handing her his business card.
“Thank you.”
As Chloe left the store, she was mentally debating. The watch is perfect for him. But it’s also very expensive. Would he be uncomfortable with such an expensive gift from me?
She started to laugh aloud. I’m having sex with the man, but here I am, trying to decide the appropriateness of an expensive gift. I must be nuts! As she continued to laugh uncontrollably, people on the street started to stare at her….


4 comments:

  1. Fun snippet, Scarlett and James. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a reasonable concern... she doesn't want him to feel like a kept man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good question, some guys can't take expensive gifts.

    ReplyDelete